Does Your Computer Need a Cleanup?
- First, we remove the hard drive from the customer's computer to scan it for viruses on one of our machines. This is only truly effective way to get rid of viruses because it stops them from being able to hide or move around on the hard drive as you scan it.
- Next, we put the hard drive back into the computer and scan it for spyware, adware, and malware using six or more scans.
- We clean up and get rid of unused programs on startup (like instant messengers and photo loaders), defrag, and clean up temp files and folders to speed up the computer.
- We check the customer's antivirus protection to make sure that it is running to its full potential and remove the unnecessary parts of it, like parental controls if they are not used.
- Then we update windows to make sure that it is working correctly.
- Our last step is to test out the internet and the computer to make sure that it is as fast as we can make it and that everything works correctly before it is given back to our customers.
Should you determine your computer's maintenance needs are more extensive than you can do easily; our expert computer technicians are here to assist you. Computer and laptop tune ups can be done onsite (at your home or office) or at our very convenient location, in Framingham, on Route 9 West (or call 508-875-4888). We've consolidated to our Framingham location in order to serve you better. Walk-ins are welcomed!